EDC Pocket Tin: Emergency Metal Can in Kydex Sheath available in multiple Survival and Tactical Kit Loadouts.
PRE-ORDER ONLY - TIN CAN SIZES SUBJECT TO CHANGE - THE KYDEX SHEATH DISPLAYED IS BY KOBRA KYDEX GEAR BUT WE HAVE NOT FINALIZED WHO THE KYDEX MAKER WILL BE - SHEATH DESIGN/TYPE SUBJECT TO CHANGE - KIT CONTENTS AND PRICING IS FINALIZED, YOU'LL GET THE EXACT KIT ORDERED BUT TIN/SHEATH MAY CHANGE SLIGHTLY - WE EXPECT TO DELIVER IN 6-10 WEEKS
EDC POCKET TIN:
(Each Kit is shipped as standalone supplies ready to be outfitted in an optional tin can container. Add on the Kydex Carry Sheath and Paracord Lanyard for multiple carry/wear choices. Kits are themed to aid in firestarting, first-aid, tactical ops, survival, water purification, sawing, etc.)
- TIN OPTIONS -
Kit Only: (does not include tin)
Items are shipped as loose supplies in a small bag. Use these items as refills for our tins add them to your own personal kit. Note that not all the items included in the below kits will fit in one tin. Pick and choose supplies to fit your needs and add to the carry tin to match your needs for the day.
Slider Top Tin Can: (add 1, 3, 5, or 10 tins to your order)
1 1/16" x 2" x 7/16" Outside Dimensions. Capacity 0.38oz estimate. Seamless metal build. Slide on and off tin lid closure. Hold's supplies inside. Fits inside optional Kydex Sheath.
- SHEATH/LANYARD OPTIONS -
No Kydex Sheath or Lanyard:
Select this option if you don't want to add the kydex sheath or lanyard.
Handmade kydex sheath with snap in retention to securely carry tins. This slimline sheath protect tin during carry, keeps lid from opening, and has built-in eyelet so you can customize your carry. (tether it as a key chain for example).
- Available with Belt Clip for wearing kit on waist or attaching to pack
Kydex Paracord Lanyard:
Adds an adjustable paracord neck lanyard. Wear tin as a necklace. Comes standard with black paracord but you can leave a note requesting another color. (OD Green, Coyote Brown, Gunmetal Gray, Safety Orange, MultiCam, Desert Camo, ACU Camo, Dark Blue, or Slate Blue)
- KIT OPTIONS -
Choose as many kits as you want. Each will be labeled in a carry bag that you can then add to our tins or your own pack. If you want extra tins for multiple kits, you'll need to add extra.
Fire Starting: Includes the following firestarter supplies
- 2x Survival Torches: Water/Wind Proof Match. Long burn time, Strong Flame, Requires Striking Surface or Spark.
- Three UCO Strike Anywhere Match. Carbonized, White Phosphorus Tipped.
- Fire Starter Ferrocerium Rod: Start a fire, Scrape slowly to shave off black covering before use, Strike quickly to ignite tinder, Reflect on sparks into nest of fine tinder, Provide oxygen flow by blowing into the base of flame.
- Match Striking Surface: pair with matches for ignition.
- Micro Bic Lighter w/ Ranger Band: Cigarette lighter and heavy duty ranger band allowing you to secure lighter to tin can or sheath.
Fire Tinder: Includes the following flammable tinder items.
- Jute String/Tinder, 1 foot of 3 ply small rope, use as wound dressing for absorbent properties, tie down, fire tinder.
- Tinder Wick Strand, retrieved from Fire Cord: A combustible wick, easy ignite, strong flame, long burn time, waterproof. TIPS: A. Fray red wick to create a tinder nest. B. Light. C. Each 1 inch piece of wick will burn for close to 1 minute.
- Tinder Tape Patch: Heavy duty adhesive Duct Tape with added flammable strands allowing a slow tar like burn. Stick to your kindling and ignite or wrap around a limb to use as a torch.
- Charcloth: activated, highly combustible tinder formed from heat exposed linen. Packaged in sealed bag.
- Tinder Quick Tab: Flammable, fuel soaked cotton bundle. Fluff up material and provide spark to light fire.
- All-weather Beeswax Stick: Beeswax tinder with hemp wick. Waterproof, wind resistant, 5 minute burn time. Made by DP Outdoors.
- Fatwood: Lightwood kindling shavings and pieces.
Food/Water Procurement: Includes the following fishing, water, hunting supplies.
- 2x Water Purification Tablet(1 liter treatment each): Add 1 tab to 2l clear water, mix 10 minutes, let stand for 30 min, hydrate.
- 10ft of 8lb Fishing Line w/ 2x2 inch duct tape patch.
- 2x Eagle Claw Size 8 Fishing Hook: Bronze, plain-shank.
- P38 Multi-Tool: Can Opener, Black Plated: Use as Cutting Tool, Fire Striker, Screwdriver, Sinker and Weight, Fish Gutter, Box opener, Rifle Carbon Scraper, Knife Sharpener, Prying Device, polish off black to use as signal mirror.
- Split Shot Weights: Fishing aid.
Tools: Includes the following essential sharps and supplies.
- 2x Needle/Pick: repair a torn pack, modify a jacket, navigate by statically charging and floating on leaf, improvise as suture pin.
- 2x Safety Pin: improvise as fish hook, pin broken arm's sleeve to chest for a sling, remove splinter, hold items together, magnetize and fashion as a compass, etc.
- 2x Small Nail: metal nail with head.
- 2x Black Ziptie: Use as cable tie to strap down gear, ignite to create smoke signal, or melt to waterproof items.
- 2x Black Steel Plated Security Pin: (heavy duty safety pin) TIPS: Provide sustenance by forming into a fish hook. Remove a splinter. Hold two items together.Fashion an arm sling.
Illumination: Includes the followings glowing and illumination items.
- 4x Luminous Glow Light Surfaces: charge in seconds from natural/artificial light source(flashlight, sun, phone screen) generates minutes of a low glow output for seeing a map or operation orders in dark environments.
- 2x Glow Light Stick: Chemstick for illumination. Break and shake to activate. 2 Year Shelf Life. Yellow/Green glow.
Note Taking: Includes the following note supplies.
- Lead Pencil Rod: writing utensil for jotting down notes, coordinates, mapping points, etc.
- 6x Rite in Rain Sheets: Small sheets of weather proof paper. Jot down a note, grid coordinates, or a message on waterproof memo sheet. Use as tinder to start a fire.
- Micro Paracord Ink Pen: Fine point black ink pen wrapped in parachute cord sheath and capped to prevent leakage.
First-Aid: Includes the followings emergency items.
- F.A.T. First Aid Tinder, quick light cotton fire tinder soaked in anti-bacterial treatment. Packaged in waterproof & burnable plastic tinder straw. TIPS: Quickly get a fire started using as tinder. Apply anti-bacterial ointment to injury to prevent infection and aid in recovery.
- 2x Bandages: Stanard Sealed bandage for small cuts.
- Antibiotic Ointment: Neomycin Sulfate 3.5mg, first aid gel to help prevent infection.
- 7- 2x Aspirin (NSAID) Tablets (325mg): In Original 2 pack- reduces fever, relieves headache, toothache, common cold, muscular aches, arthritis, back pain, and cramps.
- TIPS: Reduce severity of a heart attack when taken immediately, (reduce blood clotting; acts as an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor, relaxes arteries enabling blood to flow, performs as a beta blocker to slow down heartbeat).
- Towel Tablet, expandable: Absorbent, non-sterile cloth for clean ups and prep of injuries. Use as simple cloth to dry and clean.
Medical Aid: Includes the followings first aid supplies.
- Steri Strips: 5 wound closures in sterile package. Hypoallergenic, reinforced with polyester filaments with porous non-woven backing for heavy duty skin closure of lacerations and incisions.
- Moleskin Padding: Hiker's all-day relief of painful corns, calluses and tender spots, dual-layer cotton and foam padding prevents blisters, self-stick adhesive.
- Alcohol Prep Pad Kit: 70% Isopropyl Alc. Antiseptic-Sterile.
- Butterfly Closure: adhesive closure for treating minor lacerations- prep the wound, adhere one side of butterfly near wound and pull across opening of laceration, when skin connects and puckers adhere to opposite side, disinfect and cover wounds with gauze.
- S.B.K. Sting & Burn Kit, Lidocaine HCL & Ethyl Alcohol: Pre-saturated analgesic wipe to prevent infection and relieve pain from stings, bites, scrapes, and burns. Packaged in waterproof & burnable plastic tinder straw. TIPS: To treat a snake bite A. Tourniquet above bite, B. Suck out venom, C. Treat/Disinfect wound. D. Remove Tourniquet and R.I.CE.
- Anti-Septic Iodine Kit: Povidone Iodine (10% USP), First Aid antiseptic and germicide to help prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes and minor burns.
Signal/Comms: Includes the following signalling and reflective tools.
- Hard Surface Signal Mirror: Reflective surface to communicate distress and rescue signals.
- SOLAS Reflector Surface: Safety Of Life At Sea: Coast Guard approved signal and safety tape adhered to buckle. Use to communicate your location or MORSE Code. Waterproof. Long distance visibility.
- Reflective Signal Mirror Surface: use in sunny conditions as a short range signaling tool to alert others of your location.
- Reflective Signal Markers: high-vis 3b reflective limb lights, signaling tool to alert others of your location, leave on trail to mark path or warn friendlies. (360 visibility, 100 yard line of sight)
- *Glint Tag, Infrared reflective signal: Non-fabric surface glows to provide covert combat identification. Reflects IR light brightly to identify friend or for when viewed through night vision equipment (*Domestic Shipping Only).
Navigation: Includes the following compass.
- Thumb Tac Compass by County Comm: waterproof, shock resistant, glass dome crimped to brass housing. Operable in 0°-160°F ranges. Weight 1 gram, size 11mm x 4.5mm.
Cut/Saw: Includes the followings items for cutting and sawing.
- 10ft and 30in lenghts of Yellow Kevlar Utility Thread (K.U.T.): Standard Sawing and utilitarian thread. (200lb tested - UV/Friction Resistant). Use as friction saw. Compact. Saw branches/zipties/ropes, fashion a bow saw, catch wild game using as a snare wire.
- Mini Curved Surgical Carving Blade #12 X-Acto size (Carbon Steel - Pointed Tip - Lanyard Hole) Use as arrow tip, attach to wood handle to use as knife, whittle wood as a morale booster, carve tools, cut rope, fillet fish, etc.
Escape: Includes the following escape tools.
- Non-Metallic Handcuff key: TIHK Brand with clip. Back up replacement for LEO, Military, Security Personnel or as concealed tool to defend against hostage/kidnapping/illegal detainments.
- Saw Shim Tool: Superesse designed, surgical flex steel. Single side serrated saw edge. Slim build allows for shimming restaints. Outfitted with two punched lanyard holes. Create finger loops with cordage and run thru lanyard holes to create grips for utilizing as a saw.
Advanced Escape: Includes the following escape tools
- Diamond Wire Blade: 35mm Highly Abrasive Rod with Hard Composites of Diamond Dust- capable of sawing thru Iron Bars and Steel Chains in long-term endurance cutting.
- Zirconia Ceramic Razor Blade and Fire Striker (Wear Resistant - Non-Dulling Cutting Edge - Covert - Non Metallic - Concealable ). Strike against flint to create sparks, cutting blade for endless uses, razor sharp for shaving or skinning, sheath between a tip-split stick to use as defensive jabbing knife, etc.
- Black Kevlar Utility Cord (K.U.C.): 600TEX rating for use as Sawing Cord and Snare Wire (200lb tested - Improved Coating for UV/Friction Resistant).Cut zip-cuffs, ropes, and duct tape. Make a trip line, use as garrote weapon. Adopted by US Army SERE specialists and NAVY Seals. TIPS: To Saw, A. Use long back & forth sawing motions to reduce friction/damage to K.U.T. Concentrate sawing on a single point of item being cut. B. Wear gloves to protect your hand or create handles from a pen/stick.
Cordage and Duct Tape: Includes the following items.
- 10 feet Paracord: 7 strand 550lbparachute cordage.
- 2 feet Duct Tape: MilSpec duct tape strapping.
Nuclear: Includes the following supplies.
- 2x KiO3 Radiation Defense Tablet, 130mg: Shield against radiation exposure with this specific blocker of thyroid radio-iodine uptake. High dose potassium iodide for nuclear emergency scenarios. TIPS: Improvise to purify water, drop tablet in 1/2 quart bottle, mix, let stand 30min, hydrate.
- Radiation Dosimeter: Detects RAD 25 to 1000. Match detection meter to legend to determine exposure. 25 Rad requires non-emergency medical attention. Anything greater than 25 RAD require immediate emergency medical attention. The size of this dosimeter allows it to be easily carried in a tin or peel and stick it to the tin. Keep it sealed in a bag and at room temperature for extended performance. Made in the USA, developed by DoD funding. Carried by Law Enforcement and Military.
Repair: Includes the following sewing/repair items.
- Sew Kit: with various color threads, needle, safety pins.
- Repair Tape: Seal cuts/holes in tents, tarps, boots, raft, canopies, etc. Repair a cracked smartphone screen or crack in a windshield. Heavy duty adhesive clear tape. Waterproof, rip resistant. 1.5" x 2". Apply to nylon, rubber, canvas, mesh, plastic, technical fabrics, and vinyl.
- Duct Tape: MilSpec strapping of duct tape.
- KIT OPTIONS WITH TOOL CARD SETS -
These are flat steel cards that have removable parts or built-in functions. Some cards have a special tool retention system applied to the back of them. This allows you to take a piece of a tool use it, and return it to its original position to be used again at another date. Built from surgical grade stainless steel, each card is under 1mm thin, highly durable, and multiple fit in a tin can.
EDC Tool Card Set: Includes the following steel tools cards.
- Eating Tool: multi prong fork.
- Box Opener: open boxes or improvise as bottle opener.
- Wire and Line Spool: wrap backup fishing line, wire, or cordage around for quick access.
- Earbud Holder: keep headphone cords under control.
- Can/Bottle Opener: no explanation needed.
Urban Tool Card Set: Includes the following steel tools cards.
- Sewing Needles: repair clothing/bags.
- Tweezers: remove a splinter, tick puller.
- File: course grit filing/sanding tool.
- Multi-Wrench: designed for multiple bit sizes and also contains a screwdriver bit turner.
- Lockpick Set: open a padlock.
Survival Tool Card Set: Includes the following steel tools cards.
- Saw: sharp teeth cutting tool.
- Arrow Head: attach to rod/stick for use as spear or arrow.
- Fishing Gig: spear fish or frogs after attaching to rod.
- Fish Hooks: pair with line and catch a fish or two.
- Curved Suture Needles: tend to a wound.