Emergency Loadout Guide - Get Home Bag (GHB)
Emergency Loadout Guide (ELG)
BOB - INCH - GHB - VEK - EDC - K9
- This is a digital product that is downloaded upon purchase.
- Includes a PDF file. (.docx and .odt files also available)
- Free lifetime updates to any future versions of the Emergency Loadout Guide for GHBs.
- There are 6 parts to the ELG. This download is for the GHB. Each ELG provides checklists, packing tips, emergency guidelines on using loadouts, how-to walkthroughs, and more.
This Emergency Loadout Guide provides a checklist of must have items for a Get Home Bag (GHB). This by far is the most important loadout because it gets you home, home is your safe zone. Home is where you typically keep you Bug Out Bag and other supplies. If you can get home then you can plan from there. There are many types of loadouts carried for survival but the purpose of this guide is to prepare you with an easy to carry pack with supplies to last you at least 24hrs. It should have enough supplies to allow for a 1-2 day trip from danger to home. The GHB should be carried on your person or be able to be retrieved in under 5 minutes no matter your given location. It better prepares you than your EDC but doesn’t quite match up to a fully loaded Bug Out Bag. It serves as a link between the two when a BOB is not needed or is not accessible.
AKA: 24 Hour Kit, Go Bag, Day Pack, Bolt Bag.
Purpose: Supplies you with means to travel short distances (24-48hrs) from a non-permissive environment to a secure rally point, supply cache, or homestead.
BOTTON LINE UP FRONT (BLUF):
- A BOB gets you from home to a Rally Point, but a GHB gets you home.
- Learn how to use a GHB.
- Follow checklist to build GHB.
- Select the right size bag and stage it nearby.
- Transition from GHB to other loadouts ASAP.
OTHER EMERGENCY LOADOUT GUIDES:
- Bug Out Bags
- Get Home Bags (currently viewed)
- Vehicle Emergency Kit
- K9 Kit