The adjustable paracord lanyard itself is packed with snare wire, jute tinder, and fishing line. Highly fibrous jute twine wraps a large pendant of wax infused fatwood. Tucked away under the jute wrap and ranger band is a large 2" ferro rod.
1. Jute Twine/Tinder, 3-5 feet: Available in the following options,
1a.) Standard Jute: 3 ply string, highly fibrous, frayed strands, large surface area, catches a spark easily. Use as non-steril wound dressing for absorbent properties, tie down, fire tinder, etc.
1b.) Waxed Jute: 100% Hemp rope, 20lb tensile strength, infused with beeswax, burns like wick. Has an extended burntime but does not catch spark as well as standard jute.
2. Waxed Lighterwood Pendant: Low resin Pinewood subjected to wax treatment which leaves a higher quantity of wax that wood. Mimics the firecraft abilities of fatwood without the sticky feel. The forced wax infusion enables shavings to be used tinder or the entire chunk as kindling. Each pendant is a half inch thick and 3 inches long.
3. Fire Starter Ferrocerium Rod: Large 2" firestarter TIPS: Start a fire, Scrape slowly to shave off black covering before use, Strike quickly to ignite tinder, Reflect on sparks into nest of fine tinder, Provide oxygen flow by blowing into the base of flame.
4. Ranger Bands: Secure gear, silence rucksack clips, add grip to pistol handle, burn as tinder(30 second strong flame per band).
5. 3' Titan Survival Cord (black): contains useful inner strands of 25 lb. test mono-filament fishing line, waterproof/waxed twisted jute fiber strand, and 30 AWG metallic alloy conductive/non-magnetic snare wire, (and of course 7 nylon strands, 550lb+ strength)
6. Adjustable Knot System: This lanyard can be adjust to fit all sizes. Grab the area by the tied knots and slide back and forth to increase/decrease size. A great amount of force will cause the ties to unravel, (this helps prevent strangulation hazards).
Note: This lanyard provides tinder and a ferro rod. A sharp object or a blade will be need to strike a fire.